Watch Live Matches

Balotelli and Enoch arrested over female prison invasion

Published on: 02 October 2010

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli and his real brother Enoch Barwuah were detained on Friday for having driven into a women's prison in Brescia without proper authorization, according to reports.

La Gazzetta dello Sport claims that the 20-year-old and his brother Enock, 17, tried to enter the prison at around 16:00 CET and were questioned by the prison officers.

They were eventually released after half an hour of questioning.

Explaining the situation, a prison officer Calogero Lo Presti explained, "It was 1600 when we saw a high-powered Mercedes come through the gate. Inside were two boys, after a few minutes we realised one of them was Balotelli.

"Physically we recognised him, but that is not enough, so we proceeded with official procedure. At the end they both appeared a bit frightened.

"They said they saw the gate opened and never imagined they would need a special permit to visit the prison. The two were particularly intrigued by the fact it was a women's prison.

"Balotelli has apologised. He spoke in a low voice, he was a little embarrassed."

However, Balotelli's agent, Mino Raiola, played down the incident and said, "Mario has done nothing wrong. Indeed, the officers have praised him for his initiative. Certainly they explained this could have been avoided, but it ended there.

"What I find strange is that a public official rushed to say what had happened. Nothing happened. It was only emphasised because it's Mario."

Comments

  • Dro! says:
    October 02, 2010 11:06 am
    Pls soccernet we need news for the discerning reader not this thing. though they could hv been there on a good reason.
  • Dro! says:
    October 02, 2010 11:09 am
    pls editor we need discerning news for your cherished readers not tit bits or gossips about pple. Anyway they could hv been there for a good reason. Mario shd grow up and dont mess around with Enoch.
  • Lè shaq says:
    October 02, 2010 11:42 am
    Bogus news... a waste of space n time. Bullshit..
  • Joojo, Berlin says:
    October 02, 2010 11:46 am
    This is the beginning; You are called into their nationalteam so that you don't pose a threat to them.They then destroy your nationalteam career, and that's it - they kick your A...!
  • Joojo, Berlin says:
    October 02, 2010 11:49 am
    This is the beginning; You are called into their nationalteam so that you don’t pose a threat to them.They then destroy your nationalteam career, and that’s it – You are sidelined!!!
  • X-ray says:
    October 02, 2010 12:06 pm
    Ghanasoccernet get your facts right,they were not arrested but rather stopped from entering the prison.They wanted to know what the place was about because the gate was opened.
  • Harry says:
    October 02, 2010 12:53 pm
    Stop writing about this guy.Do u report every shit about Ateta this way?tell us more about ghanaians,not italians.
  • KaYinGi says:
    October 02, 2010 01:38 pm
    Thank you Harry! This is Ghana Soccer Net! not Italian Net. Tell us about Ghanaian Players Pls. Bogus news indeed.
  • Coconuthead says:
    October 03, 2010 12:10 am
    Quite honestly I do not think Ghanaians are interested in Mario Balotelli being stopped or arrested. Either one is no news to us. He turned his back on us. So...let us leave him alone.
  • NO MANS LAND says:
    October 03, 2010 07:20 am
    bogus news, is this football ghanasoccernet why
  • panuchi says:
    October 03, 2010 12:27 pm
    there are better things u can report 2 us not this. give us more authentic news and stop these gossips
  • EDD says:
    October 04, 2010 08:07 am
    what the hell is wrong with soccernet.if you have no news can't you at least write an article about the top 10 players in the GLO premier league so far?
  • Ghana Midfield Rocks says:
    October 04, 2010 09:53 am
    This boy is not Ghanaian, we dont need amymore articles on him. Lets move forward.
  • Balotelli trespasses at women’s prison, wins another Tapiro d’Oro says:
    October 14, 2010 10:20 pm
    [...] Ghanasoccernet (click through for a cute picture of little Mario with his brother): La Gazzetta dello Sport claims [...]
  • chaudry says:
    October 23, 2011 08:51 pm
    It is news to be frank...dont be too mad if he did not choose ghana...i found the news interesting... Dont read the news if you dont like somthing in particular, just turn the page too much whinning