Chief Executive Officer of Travel Matters, Ivan Cudjoe insists no consortium was formed by the travel and tour operators appointed by the Sports Ministry to airlift Ghanaian supporters to Brazil for the 2014 World Cup.
Former Sports Minister Elvis Afriyie Ankrah and Project Coordinator for the 2014 World Cup, Fred Darko had earlier told the World Cup Commission a consortium was formed by three travel and tour firms in order to discharge their task of taking fans to Brazil.
Travel Matters were said to have led the â€˜joint-ventureâ€™ of the travel agencies by chartering a flight originally to cater for his corporate clients.
He was later approached by the other two appointed travel agencies to absorb their quota of fans â€“ prompting the formation of the consortium according to Afriye Ankrah and Fred Darko.
But the head of Travel Matters Ivan Cudjoe in a sharp rebuttal to earlier submissions made to the commission by the ex Sports Minister and the Project Coordinator says no consortium was formed at any point in time during the preparations towards the 2014 World Cup.
â€œThere was no consortium formed,â€ he told the Commission on Monday.
â€œNone whatsoever in all our deliberations.
â€œWe met with the Chief of Staff â€“ with the other travel and tour operators- and he asked us to go and do a good job.â€