Danny Welbeck close to agreeing £3million loan move to Arsenal from Manchester United with view to an £18million switch
- Arsenal are close to completing a £3million loan deal for the Manchester United striker, with Welbeck out of favour at Old Trafford
- Welbeck was training at Arsenal's London Colney training base on Monday with the England team ahead of the international against Norway
- The agent brokering the Welbeck deal has said he would prefer a permanent move rather than a short-term loan
- Jonathan Hope says a transfer would cost £18million
- Hope also says he has also received interest of a straight transfer
- Tottenham were hoping to land him but Arsene Wenger makes a late move
- The Gunners have missed out on Monaco striker Radamel Falcao
- The Colombian is on the verge of joining Manchester United on loan
Arsenal are working towards a deal for Manchester United forward Danny Welbeck on a £3million loan deal, with the view to an £18million permanent move.
The Gunners have missed out on Monaco's Radamel Falcao, who is set to seal a season-long loan move to Manchester United on Monday evening.
Club officials are keen to stress a deal is not completed yet, but progress is being made.
VIDEO Scroll down to watch Welbeck training alongside Wayne Rooney with England
Wanted man: Arsenal are close to bringing in Welbeck, pictured here in training with England at London Colney
Still time: Welbeck, pictured here arriving for England training, will be allowed to talk to interested clubs
On the move? Welbeck (centre) could be about Wayne Rooney (left) behind at Old Trafford
Jonathan Hope, the agent brokering the deal, told talkSPORT the 23-year-old wants a permanent deal, rather than a short-term loan.
'There have been a few clubs in for Danny and they’re looking for loan deals with a view to buying, but Danny doesn’t want to go on loan.
'He wants a straight transfer and he has every right to say that.
Out of favour: Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal is willing to allow Welbeck to leave the club
Return: Welbeck has scored 20 league goals for United in 90 appearances since 2008
Tottenham looked to be in pole position to land Welbeck earlier on Monday, but the forward's preference is to join the Emirates Stadium club.
The 23-year-old is currently training with England at Arsenal's London Colney base but that won't stop him leaving the team hotel later to secure a loan deal.
Manager Roy Hodgson has said he will allow players to talk to clubs if it is about a move.
With United boss Louis van Gaal close to bringing in Falcao, the Old Trafford club are looking to offload some deadwood within the squad.
Welbeck, who has 26 caps for England at the age of 23, has eight international goals. He has scored 20 league goals in 90 appearances for United since 2008.
Fresh start: Welbeck has enjoyed previous loan spells with Preston North End and Sunderland
Goals: Falcao has been prolific throughout his career, earning several big money moves