Medeama SC target nothing less than three points when they stay at the Tarkwa Na Aboso park to welcome league leaders Ashanti Gold SC on Saturday.
They are coming back to their base after 28 days on road trips.
The Mauves and Yellow are coming into the game having at the back of their minds that they have not beaten the Elephants in any league fixture since 31st January, 2015.
They plan to hand the Gold and Black lads their second defeat of the season to end the three year winless record.
The hosts need a win to recover from their narrow loss at Techiman last weekend. They were 1-0 losers to new boys Eleven Wonders FC.
Lying 5th on the league log with two matches in hand, Medeama SC would be moving to the 3rd place if they record a win over the Miners on Saturday.
Samuel Boadu approaches the game without trio Richard Boadu, Gideon Acquah and Agyenim Boateng who are out with injuries.
Ashanti Gold SC are hopeful of taking advantage of their recent dominance over Medeama SC to consolidate the top spot.
They have not lost to the Mauves and Yellow in any of their last five premier league meetings.
The Elephants a two games spell without a win last Saturday when they pipped Inter Allies FC by 1-0 at the Len Clay stadium.
The four times league champions are currently levelled on 17 points with newly promoted Dreams FC.
Goals difference are separating their positions on the league ladder with Ashanti Gold SC at the apex.
Ivorian forward Richard Dali Ella Djodi is likely to earn his second consecutive start in the Gold and Black colours after excelling in his maiden start last weekend.
Centre back Samed Ibrahim looks doubtful for the trip to the Western region.
He was substituted in the first half of last Saturday's game after sustaining an injury.
Head To Head
Total league meetings = 20
Medeama SC wins = 5
Drawn matches = 8
Ashanti Gold SC wins = 7
- Medeama SC have suffered just two defeats in their last nine matches in the premier league.
(W5 D2 L2)
- Ashanti Gold SC have recorded only one loss in their last nine fixtures in the premier league.
(W6 D2 L1)
- Medeama SC have lost once in their last nine home matches in the premiership.
(W7 D1 L1)
- Ashanti Gold SC have only one victory from their last eight premier league matches on the road.
(W1 D3 L4)
- Medeama SC have not beaten Ashanti Gold SC in any of their last five meetings in the premier league.
(W0 D2 L3)
- Ashanti Gold SC have won just one of their ten journeys to Medeama SC in the premiership.
(W1 D5 L4)
- Medeama SC have kept six clean sheets out of their last eight home games in the premier league.
- Ashanti Gold SC have failed to keep a single clean sheet in their last eight away fixtures in the premiership.
By Nuhu Adams