Sulley Muntari has vowed commitment to Ghana but insists he will speak out in the near future about the circumstances leading to his sacking from the Black Stars World Cup in Brazil.
The AC Milan ace says he will not exchange his country for any place even though he was booted out of the Ghana camp in disgrace during the tournament in Brazil last month.
Muntari and Kevin-Prince Boateng were suspended indefinitely from the national team and sent home from the World Cup for disciplinary reasons.
Ghana's two biggest stars were axed just hours before their crucial World Cup Group G match against Portugal on Thursday.
Muntari was reported to have physically attacked GFA official Moses Armah while Boateng verbally insulted coach Kwesi Appiah during a heated team meeting.
Since then Muntari has been subjected to public ridicule for the attack on Armah and his indefinite suspension from the national team means he is ruled out of the Black Stars in the immediate future.
The AC Milan midfielder says he will not turn his back on Ghana but will also have his say on the issues in the Ghana camp at the right time.
â€œ[Ghana] is my country. I love my country; I can never exchange any place with my country but [you know] there are certain things that I want to say but Iâ€™ll say them at the exact time," Muntari told reporters.
"For now, I donâ€™t want to talk about it but my country is always going to be my country,â€ the AC Milan star said.
The Ghanaian squad had been in a state of rebellion over unpaid appearances, with the country's government believed to have sent out in excess of US$3million (Â£1.8m) on a chartered plane to Brazil to pay the players in an attempt to appease the situation.
Watch video of Sulley Muntari's interview in New York below