Wednesday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending ...
ARGENTINA: Sergio Aguero was taken to hospital after fainting at half-time of Argentina's friendly defeat to Nigeria in Russia on Tuesday, but he has been cleared to return to Manchester City.
- Diego Maradona stated his desire to have another coaching opportunity with the Argentina national team, after Tuesday's 4-2 defeat in a friendly against Nigeria.
UEFA WORLD CUP PLAYOFFS: Christian Eriksen's hat trick helped Denmark qualify for the 2018 World Cup with a 5-1 win over Republic of Ireland.
- Eriksen's hat trick was too much for Ireland, John Brewin writes.
- WATCH: In praise of Denmark and Eriksen.
ITALY: Daniele De Rossi, Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli all said they would retire from international duty after Italy failed to qualify for the World Cup on Monday.
- Italy's failure to reach a World Cup finals for the first time in 60 years was described as an "Apocalypse" by the nation's newspapers.
ENGLAND: England and Brazil played out a drab goalless draw at Wembley -- the second in four days after the 0-0 draw with Germany on Friday.
- Brazil vs. England was a sexy fixture on paper but proved uneventful on the pitch, Nick Miller writes.
- John Stones says England can take heart from going toe-to-toe with Brazil and Germany.
MAN UNITED: David De Gea says he has been impressed by how good Kepa Arrizabalaga is but warned the Athletic Bilbao goalkeeper about leaving Spain.
- WATCH: United grades for the season so far.
CHELSEA: Didier Drogba has told RMC he does not believe the high turnover of managers at his former club Chelsea is anything exceptional in the current game.
- Drogba will finally hang up his boots in 2018 as he prepares to bring his 20-year professional career to an end, the former Chelsea striker has told RMC.
- WATCH: Chelsea grades for the season so far.
ARSENAL: Arsene Wenger has told beIN Sports he could be tempted to take over as coach of a national team once his reign at Arsenal is over.
- WATCH: Wenger for international football?
- WATCH: Arsenal grades for the season so far.
MAN CITY: Pablo Zabaleta was spotted wearing the colours of his former club, Manchester City, while in training with West Ham.
- WATCH: City grades for the season so far.
LIVERPOOL: Liverpool should use Dominic Solanke's call up as a selling point to every young player they want to sign as it gives them an edge over their rivals, Dave Usher writes.
- WATCH: Liverpool grades for the season so far.
TOTTENHAM: Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech has said rivals Tottenham must win silverware before they can claim to have become the dominant club in North London.
- WATCH: Tottenham grades for the season so far.
BORUSSIA DORTMUND: Dortmund have no plans to sell Christian Pulisic at the end of the season, sporting director Michael Zorc says.
UNITED STATES: Weston McKennie scored on his debut for the senior national team as the United States drew 1-1 with Portugal on Tuesday night.
- Tuesday's friendly in Portugal may have felt pointless but several young U.S. stars impressed, Jeff Carlisle writes.
- McKennie scored 8/10 in Jason Davis' player ratings.
- WATCH: Moreno says Arena's lack of self-awareness is incredible.
MLS: Atlanta United is adding an expansion team in the second-division United Soccer League that will play at a suburban baseball stadium beginning in 2018.