Thursday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending...
LIVERPOOL: Jurgen Klopp believes Liverpool's defensive issues would not be solved by signing a certain defender after his side were frustrated by Sevilla on Wednesday night.
- Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson backed Roberto Firmino after his penalty miss meant the Reds settled for a 2-2 draw with Sevilla in their Champions League return on Wednesday night.
- Sevilla manager Eduardo Berizzo says he was sent to the stands for trying to do the "sportsmanlike thing" during the game.
- Dejan Lovren was deemed Liverpool's worst player in Dave Usher's player ratings.
- WATCH: Steve Nicol blasts Klopp's defensive tactics.
REAL MADRID: Zinedine Zidane said Cristiano Ronaldo might have had four goals after the Portuguese had to make do with just two in Wednesday's 3-0 Champions League victory over Apoel Nicosia at the Bernabeu.
- WATCH: Did Real Madrid miss an opportunity against Apoel?
TOTTENHAM: Harry Kane and Mauricio Pochettino both called Tottenham's 3-1 win against Borussia Dortmund "massive."
- Mauricio Pochettino's team put their struggles at Wembley behind them and took all three points in their Champions League opener, Michael Cox writes.
- WATCH: Have Tottenham lifted the Wembley curse?
MAN CITY: John Stones has said he was "happy to help" Manchester City after his brace in their 4-0 Champions League defeat of Feyenoord on Wednesday, while Pep Guardiola insisted it is too early to say whether the club are playing the best football since he joined.
- Stones, David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne were the top-ranked players in David Mooney's player ratings.
- WATCH: Just how good are Manchester City?
BAYERN MUNICH: Carlo Ancelotti will seek a return to the Premier League next summer if Bayern Munich trigger a break clause in his three-year contract as head coach, a source has told ESPN FC.
MAN UNITED: United fear Paul Pogba could miss next month's Premier League clash with Liverpool because of the hamstring injury he suffered against Basel on Tuesday, sources have told ESPN FC.
- Jesse Lingard has warned Premier League and Champions League defences that Marcus Rashford is only getting stronger and faster.
- WATCH: Who's winning the Martial-Rashford competition?
ARSENAL: Mesut Ozil and Aaron Ramsey will both be rested for Arsenal's Europa League opener against Cologne on Thursday, although manager Arsene Wenger hinted he will use a strong squad for the game.
CHINESE SUPER LEAGUE: Carlos Tevez is "overweight'' and will not play for Shanghai Shenhua again until he improves his fitness, according to the club's caretaker manager Wu Jingui.
CELTIC: UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Celtic after a fan came onto the pitch to confront Paris Saint-Germain's Kylian Mbappe during the French side's 5-0 Champions League win at Parkhead on Tuesday night.