Ghana's No. 1

2019/20 Ghana Premier League: Week 12 Match Preview — Liberty Professionals v Karela United FC

Published on: 27 February 2020
2019/20 Ghana Premier League: Week 12 Match Preview — Liberty Professionals v Karela United FC
Liberty Professionals

Liberty Professionals will host Karela United FC at the Dansoman Karl Reindhorf Park in Week 12 of the Ghana Premier League on Sunday.

The Scientific Soccer lads are enduring a difficult period in the Ghanaian top-flight after eleven round of matches.

Coach David Ocloo’s men have 13 points in the Premier League which puts them in 11th position.

In their recent form over the last year, they have played 11 matches. They have 3 wins; 4 draws; and 4 losses. This gives Liberty Professionals a recent Win-Draw-Loss rate of: 27%-36%-36%.

They average 1.45 goals per match, and have conceded an average of 1.36.

Their record at home over the same time-frame. They have a win rate of 20% (1 wins) from their last 5 home fixtures. 40% (2) of these matches have been a draw, with the remaining 40% (2) resulting in a loss for the home team.

When at home in this time, their average number of goals scored is 2.0. They have conceded 1.8 on average.

Their recent performance, across all competitions, shows that they have scored a total of 14 goals in their last ten matches and 3 of these latest matches have been victories. Of those ten matches, 8 of them have seen both sides score. There has been 6 matches with three goals or more.

Meanwhile, Karela are also facing their own share of problems in the league, having picked 10 points in the Premier League to sit 17th position.

The Anyinase-based side have played 11 matches. They have 2 wins; 4 draws; and 5 losses. This gives Karela a recent Win-Draw-Loss rate of: 18%-36%-45%.

During this time, they have scored 0.82 goals on average per match; while conceding 1.09 goals on average.

Specifically on their recent away record, they have a win rate of 0% (0 wins) from 5 away fixtures. 20% (1) of these matches have been a draw, with the remaining 80% (4) ending in a loss when they are the away team.

On average they have scored 0.4 times when away from home in this last year; they have conceded 1.6.

They are averaging 0.9 goals per game in their most recent ten matches - 2 of these matches have been wins for them. Of these ten games, 5 of them have seen both sides score. The number of matches with three match goals or more is 3 games in these last ten outings.

Match Officials;

Referee: Phillip Attah Forson

Assist 1: Alhassan Abdulai

Assist 2: Paul Dosu

4th Ref: Opoku Ahin Gabriel

M/C: Charles Darkwah

Prediction;

Liberty Professionals 2-0 Karela United FC

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Learn more