Bayern Munich will start their bid for a ninth consecutive Bundesliga title against Schalke 04 on Sept. 18 as the 2020-21 season's opening game.
Runners-up Borussia Dortmund will host Borussia Monchengladbach, who finished fourth last term, on the same date.
- Watch Bundesliga live on ESPN
- ESPN Insider Notebook: Mbappe, Neymar over Ronaldo for PSG
Dortmund and Bayern will play out the Klassiker in early November and Borussia's Westfalenstadion will host the Revierderby, the biggest derby in the domestic calendar, between Dortmund and FC Schalke in October.
TOP FOOTBALL NEWS
• Notebook: Mbappe over Ronaldo for PSG
• Pulisic, Rashford up for Prem award
• Liverpool trio up for Prem Player of the Year
• Sources: Auba to pen mega Arsenal deal
• Bolt: I didn't get fair chance as footballer
• Barca target Garcia rejects City contract
• Sources: Ronaldinho lawyers to agree plea
Traditionally, the Bundesliga champions always start off the new season on a Friday.
However, Bayern's season opener could be moved to Sept. 21 should they make it to the Champions League final on Aug. 23 to allow them more recovery time.
RB Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen, who start their season against Mainz and Wolfsburg respectively, will not have their opening game date changed should either of them qualify for the Champions League or Europa League finals in August.
Due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic and the delayed end of the 2019-20 season, the winter break has been cut short.
The first 13 match days of the 2020-21 season will be played out in 2020 and then resume on Jan. 2 when Bayern will host Mainz and Dortmund will play Wolfsburg.