Gamstop is a free self-exclusion scheme that was launched by the Remote Gambling Association. It is limited to online sportsbooks and casinos that operate under the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC).
The aim of this online scheme is to provide help to the problem gamblers and vulnerable players by excluding them from participating in online gambling in the UK.
The facilitator of the Gamstop scheme is The National Online Self-Exclusion Scheme Limited which runs solely on the basis of welfare and not for profit-making.
The self-exclusion starts with a simple sign up process for confirming identity, problem, and other valid information of an individual. The period of exclusion is personally determined and until that time span is over, the gambler won’t be allowed to access any online gambling site.
When a person registers on Gamstop, it might take up to 24 hours for it to be effective. One can choose to be excluded for a period of 6 months, 1 year, or 5 years depending on how addicted they are to gambling.
Disadvantages Of Gamstop?
Most online gambling sites based in the UK have the Gamstop policy associated with them. However, the ones who sign up can be only banned from the sites that have Gamstop. Quitting or controlling gambling habits should come from within, otherwise, no such policy would bring about changes since there are alternatives available to lure gamblers into dodging them by playing at non Gamstop online betting sites.
- If one wishes to end their scheme before the stipulated time ends, that cannot be done. A person has to remain excluded from all Gamstop based sites for the entire time period which becomes forceful in a way.
- A person might be registered against his will by someone who has access to personal information. The database of the gambler that remains with the site can result in certain UK brands blacklisting them which is embarrassing for a punter.
- The demographic data that a person provides is the only information that Gamstop uses to activate the self-exclusion scheme. If the same person signs up using somebody else’s account or by filling in new personal details, Gamstop won’t be able to identify that.
- Gamstop does not affect the credit ratings of a punter but credit checks are run for identification purposes.
- Even after completion of the minimum duration, the self-exclusion will remain active until you visit the offices and ask them to remove your name.
How to Live with Gamstop?
While Gamstop typically operates on a database that lists out the players or institutions that have subscribed themselves for the Gamstop policy. It also records all gambling institutions that operate under the purview of Gamstop and offers self-exclusion.
However, many UK punters prefer popular non Gamstop betting sites due to its flexibility and unrestricted gameplay. However, residents in the UK have an opportunity to come out of gambling addiction. The database of Gamstop includes all the sites that operate under it and a person can choose from within or go beyond them depending on their necessity. Non-Gamstop sites do not require KYC while making deposits or withdrawing money. These are no ID sites which is an innovative selling factor for the UK punters. This is one reason why punters who prefer anonymity often settle for the non Gamstop sites.
With tons of Casino and betting platforms being featured in the UK, one must stick to reputable, reliable, and safe gaming portals to gather honest reviews about the best, reliable online gambling sites. You can find all reliable ways around Gamstop on NonGamstopCasinos.org which will remove the chances of scams and fraudulence. To avoid Gamstop, sportsbooks, or casinos that operate under offshore licenses like Curacao, Malta, Gibraltar, and Kahnawake must be preferred. Gambling tendencies must be kept in control in order to avoid addiction and the need for exclusion.
Here is a list of top non Gamstop betting sites that are worth your trust :
- The Red Lion Sportsbook
- Fortune Clock Sportsbook
- Cobra Spins Sportsbook
- Jackpot Charm Sportsbook
- Cyber Casino Sportsbook
In A Nutshell
Gambling is a choice. Gamblers have many options to choose from in the UK. Some tend to go for Gamstop sites while some would prefer non Gamstop sites. However, in both cases, Gamblers must keep in mind the authenticity, trust factor, and genuinity of the online sites in order to avoid hassles and maintain security.