* Milan have only won once in their last 10 Serie A TIM meetings against Atalanta (D6 L3): among teams they have faced more than three times in the top-flight since 2015/16, the Rossoneri have won fewer games against no other side (also one against Napoli).
* Milan are winless in their last six home Serie A TIM games against Atalanta (D4 L2) since a 3-0 win in January 2014.
* In the era of three points for a win, AC Milan and Atalanta have only faced off once in the 19th matchday (half-way point of a 20-team league). This was Atalanta's 1-0 win in Milan in January 2015.
* Milan (W13) are only one win away from equalling their highest win total in the first half of a Serie A TIM season containing 20-team (14 wins in 1950/51, in which they won the Scudetto).
* Atalanta’s best points tally in the first half of a 20-team Serie A TIM season was 35, achieved in 2016-17 and 2019-20.
* Milan have scored the most goals (15) in the first 30 minutes of play in Serie A TIM this season (including seven of their last 12), while Atalanta (11) are joint-third in this ranking, behind Roma in second (12).
* Milan’s Stefano Pioli has won six of his 14 previous Serie A TIM meetings with Atalanta’s Gian Piero Gasperini (D4 L4). A win here would mean Pioli has beaten Gasperini more than any other opposing manager in Serie A TIM (six is currently level with Mihajlovic and Donadoni).
* Atalanta’s Josip Ilicic has been involved in six goals in his last five games against Milan in Serie A TIM (three goals and three assists). Indeed, he has scored five goals in total against the Rossoneri in the top-flight, including two at San Siro (December 2017 and October 2014).
* Zlatan Ibrahimovic (498) is only two goals away from reaching 500 goals in all competitions in club football. He has only scored more for PSG (156) than Milan (80).
* Among goalkeepers with at least 10 appearances in Serie A TIM this season, Atalanta’s Pierluigi Gollini (74.1%) and Milan’s Gianluigi Donnarumma (73.8%) are two of the four goalkeepers with a save rate of above 70% (also Silvestri and Reina).
(Photo Getty Images)