Trio Abdulai Mukarama, Elizabeth Addo and Portia Boakye are among the preliminary 15-man list for the 2018 Women's African Player of the Year.
Mukarama has been given a look after enchanted all with her goal scoring exploits at the ongoing FIFA U17 Women's World Cup in Uruguay.
The Northern Ladies player is set to win the Top scorer award banging in seven goals in four matches and also scored 12 goals in the qualifiers.
But faces stiffer opposition from senior internationals like Chrestinah Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa & Houston Dash), Desire Oparanozia (Nigeria & Guingamp) and Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Dilian Quanjian) who have been on fire at the 2018 Africa Women's Cup of Nations.
The winner of the award will be announced on 8 January, 2019 at a ceremony in Dakar, Senegal.
Women’s African Player of the Year:
- Abdulai Mukarama (Ghana & Northern Ladies)
- Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Dilian Quanjian)
- Bassira Toure (Mali & AS Mande)
- Chrestinah Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa & Houston Dash)
- Desire Oparanozia (Nigeria & Guingamp)
- Elizabeth Addo (Ghana & Seattle Reign)
- Francisca Ordega (Nigeria & Washington Spirit)
- Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene (Cameroon & CSKA Moskow)
- Gaelle Enganamouit (Cameroon & Avaldenes)
- Janine Van Wyk (South Africa & Houston Dash)
- Marlyse Ngo Ndoumbouk (Cameroon & Nancy-Lorraine) 12. Onome Ebi (Nigeria & Hekan Huisanhang)
- Portia Boakye (Ghana & Djurgardens)
- Raissa Feudjio (Cameroon & Aland United)
- Tabitha Chawinga (Malawi & Jiangsu Suning)