Black Stars goalie Fatau Dauda and Liberty Professionals wonder-kid Latif Blessing made it into the GHANAsoccernet.com Ghana Premier League Week XVIII Team after displaying stupendous performances for their sides.
Both players secured a point each for their sides after travelling long distances.
Below is the Team of the Week:
- Fatau Dauda (AshGold): AshGold stole a point from Wa courtesy the inspirational goalkeeping of Fatau Dauda. He made eight great saves to deny the home side form taking all the points at stake. He won the MVP.
- Christopher Bonney (Dwarfs): Bonney won the game for Dwarfs against Hasaacas yesterday at the Cape Coast Stadium. He scored both goals for the home side from the spot.
- Alhassan Ibrahim (Inter Allies): Ibrahim won the hearts of spectators at the Tema Park with his beautiful reflexes. He was intelligent on the ball, tackled brilliantly band crossed perfectly.
- Evans Quao (Kotoko): Quao was instrumental against Inter Allies. His contribution ensured Kotoko stole a point from Tema. His hardworking performance ensured that he stopped the Inter Allies attack on several occasions.
- Abdul Ganiyu (Wa All Stars): His consistency in the heart of defence for Wa All Stars has ensured that Ganiyu keeps lifting his game in each passing game. He was superb against AshGold and saved his side from conceding on some occasions.
- Wahab Hanan (New Edubiase): he was enegertic in midfield for the Yenko Nkoaa Boys. He restored parity for his side after Liberty opened the scoring. His intelligence in ball distribution was admirable.
- Baba Mahama (Techiman City): Baba was back to his normal self to win the MVP for the first time since the second round resumed. He was excellent with his moves and scored the only goal of the afternoon for the home side.
- Kwame Boahene (Medeama): When Medeama was down by a goal, it took the ingenuity of Kwame Boahene to turn the game for the Mauves. Kwame contributed to the two quick goals scored to overturn the score line within two minutes and won the MVP of the game.
- Bennet Ofori (Kotoko): He opened the scoring for Asante Kotoko in Tema before Frederick Yamoah cancelled it in the second half. His performance for the Porcupine Warriors in the game was greatly admired by all at the venue.
- Latif Blessing (Liberty): The in-form Liberty forward opened the scoring in the game against New Edubiase before the lead was cancelled in the second half. He was a thorn in the flesh of the Edubiase defence and demonstrated why he is always named in the team of the week.
- Frederick Yamoah (Inter Allies): Yamoah restored hope in his side after Kotoko had taken the lead. His surging runs and thunderous strike was always a challenge for the Kotoko goalie. His equalizing goal was just a goal-of-the-season contender.
By: Sheikh Tophic Sienu @desheikh1 on twitter