Ghana's No. 1

Hamburg midfielder Gideon Jung impresses manager Dieter Hecking after injury return

Published on: 08 February 2020

German born Ghanaian defender Gideon Jung has earned praises of Hamburg SV manager Dieter Hecking following his rise in form after in injury comeback. 

The defender cum midfielder lost his place in the team due to injuries but his return has seen him wrestle his spot back with the manager delighted with his form.

"He played well and was very present," says Dieter Hecking after Jung scored in the 4-1 thrashing of Nuremberg.

“What sets Jung apart is that he brings with him physical presence and force. He has an advantage over the other central midfielders, ” added Hecking. 

“For us, the quality is football. This will help us in 75 percent of our games. Other virtues are required in the remaining 25 percent. 

"You have to keep checking whether you can get a game with the playful elements, or whether you don't have to say that we sometimes do without one or two very good footballers and bring in another component like Gideon. ”

 

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Learn more