Electricity is an indispensable part of our day to day life. And, when it comes to electrical works, be it in your home or business, it’s always best to hire a qualified electrical contractor.
Knowing how to hire the right electrician for the job involves a little bit of research, along with knowing the right questions to ask. Follow these steps before contacting an Ohio electrical repair contractor.
- Arm yourself with basic information. Arming yourself with useful information gives you the resources as well as confidence in getting the right professional for the job. Familiarizing the basic setup of your electrical wiring system at home can mean the difference in helping you understand the problems that may arise.
- Research costs. Before contacting a contractor, it’s a smart idea to ask for price quotes and compare prices. This way, you will have an idea of how much budget you need to spare for your electrical project. Comparing prices can help you save money but be wary about contractors who are haggling prices in exchange for poor services.
- Read customer reviews and feedbacks. Reviews are an excellent way to gain more information regarding the quality of services that a contractor provides to help narrow down your search.
- Speak with several contractors. Don’t just take the first contractor you come across. Have at least three bids for your electrical project. Ask each of your prospective electrician questions relevant to your project and situation so, you know which one is most suitable for the job, and with the best price possible.
- Check your electrician’s credentials. You’ll want an electrical repair contractor that’s not only licensed and insured but also have a good reputation and no criminal records.
Questions to Ask When Hiring an Electrical Contractor
One of the best ways to find a qualified electrician is asking relevant questions. Understandably, hiring a licensed electrician can be expensive, so you want to make the most of your money when hiring a professional for electrical work services. The following are questions you can ask your prospective electrical contractor before sealing the deal:
- Do you have the required license to perform electrical work in Ohio?
- How many on the job hours of experience do you have?
- Do you have insurance? Always opt for services from contractors that are bonded and insured. Don’t hesitate to ask to see proof of insurance.
- Do you have prior work references?
- What are your rates and what services are covered? It’s always best to ask upfront. This way, you can avoid hidden costs.
- Is your work warranted or guaranteed? Any reputable company or electrical contractor has standard warranties for their work or services, usually for at least a year.
Whether you have a new project that requires some wiring installation, or you need a repair doing, and other electrical works done, attempting to do things on your own may exacerbate the problem, and could even put yourself or those around you at risk.
To avoid a fatal mishap, be sure to enlist the services of a licensed electrical contractor who possess both the expertise and experience to handle electrical emergencies. Finding a reliable professional need not be that difficult, as long as you follow our tips above when hiring an Ohio electrical repair contractor.