The Ghana Premier League is in full swing, meaning that seasoned gamblers and wagerers from around the globe are currently placing their bets and looking to make the most of what is shaping up to be the most exciting season in years.
Whether you're a lifelong watcher of the Ghanaian Premier League or simply interested in expanding your football horizons beyond your own backyard, there is no reason why you can't wager like the pros and take a shot at a winning payday.
If you're new to football betting, there are certain tricks and tactics you should be aware of that will ensure you get the most out of the game and don't make any potentially costly rookie mistakes. Read on for a complete guide on betting like a pro on every fixture of the Ghanaian Premier League this year.
Key Betting Terms you Need to Know
Anyone who is brand new to betting may initially feel overwhelmed by all of the lingo that online bookmakers throw their way. To get to grips with football betting from the very beginning, make sure to learn these key terms:
- Stake: This is simply the amount of money you place on a wager.
- Bankroll: This is how much money you actually have to bet with, money that you will likely have in your online betting account.
- Accumulator: This is a term you will hear a lot, one that essentially describes a group of single bets pooled together, in which consecutive wins increase the final amount won by the bettor.
- Handicap: This term describes when a more favorable advantage is given to the underdog team. For example, a one-goal head start.
- Half-Time / Full-Time: A popular mode of betting in which you can place a stake on the winner of the first half, and then a separate, additional stake on the winner of the overall game.
- Draw No Bet (DNB): A term used to describe when a draw result means that you receive a full refund of your stake.
Expert Tips and Strategies
Seasoned football gamblers know that there are a number of ways to get more for less, essentially by taking advantage of promotional offers and bonuses offered by online bookmakers to bet for free.
Before working your way up to the Ghanaian Premier League, a very good place to start and get some practice in is the popular global betting site ComeOn. The ComeOn bonus information page details how you can take advantage of welcome bonuses and get free credit that you can bet with to win real money. Then, you can use a platform such as this to practice your wagering skills.
When betting, you should also compare odds by different bookmakers to get a sense of which team has the best shot at winning, as well as finding odds most favorable to you. Serious betting fans should also pay close attention to match data when making their stake decisions, including league positions, home vs away results, goals scored, and the fixture history of a particular team.
Armed with this knowledge, you will be able to place bets on Ghanaian football with the best of them. Just make sure to have fun while doing it, and not take things too seriously.