Aduana Stars, after travelling to Madagascar to play Fosa Juniors in the CAF Confederation Cup last week and lost 2-1, they also lost 2-0 to Dreams FC last Monday on their return to Ghana.
The Fire Boys host Berekum Chelsea on Friday at the Nana Agyemang Badu park in a regional derby looking for a return to winning ways.
Having recorded two straight home victories and scoring ten goals and conceded just once in the process, the reigning league champions will be expecting to capitalize on their home form to see off the Blues.
With four games in hand, the Fire Boys are sitting 14th on the league table and only a win on Friday in the derby will be enough to take them out of the relegation zone.
Yahaya Mohammed is expected back in the lineup to face the Blues this Friday after missing last Monday's match.
He scored a hattrick in his first home game of this campaign.
Gockel Ahortor has recovered fully from an injury and he is available for selection for Friday's regional derby.
Derrick Sasraku remains out with an ankle injury. He is likely to make a comeback in a week's time.
Berekum Chelsea will be making about an hour journey to Dormaa Ahenkro to take on the title holders in a regional derby with their spirits on the high level.
The Blues are enjoying their best form this campaign after going three matches unbeaten, recording two wins and a draw.
They also aim at recording their first ever victory at the Nana Agyemang Badu park in the history of the elite division.
Only two draws have been managed by the Blues from eight visits.
Avoiding a defeat in Friday's derby will see Berekum Chelsea go four matches undefeated in the premiership for the first time since 2016 from 28th February to 30th March.
Goalkeeper Yusif Moro is still out of the match squad. He has not made an appearance for the Blues since his howler against Karela United FC.
Gideon Ahenkorah is set for another start in the sticks on Friday.
Kwame Amoako Antwi is not available for selection due to an injury he is nursing.
Head To Head
Total league meetings = 16
Aduana Stars wins = 6
Drawn matches = 4
Berekum Chelsea wins = 6
• Aduana Stars have won just twice of their last six fixtures in the premier league.
(W2 D1 L3)
• Berekum Chelsea have recorded only one defeat in their last five matches in the premier league.
(W3 D1 L1)
• Aduana Stars are undefeated in their last thirty one home fixtures in the premiership.
(W25 D6 L0)
• Berekum Chelsea are without a single victory in their last seven away matches in the premier league.
(W0 D1 L6)
• Aduana Stars have two victories from their last five premiership clashes with Berekum Chelsea.
(W2 D0 L3)
• Berekum Chelsea have managed to pick just two points from their eight visits to Aduana Stars in the premier league.
(W0 D2 L6)
• Aduana Stars have conceded only three goals in their last seventeen home fixtures in the premier league.
• Berekum Chelsea have conceded at least a goal in each of their last seven away matches in the premiership.
By: Nuhu Adams