Aduana Stars will honour their match day one outstanding league fixture against Liberty Professionals on Thursday at the Nana Agyemang Badu Park.
The title holders are in search for a victory at all cost to end their four matches winless streak in all competitions.
The Fire Boys are coming into the game on the back of a 1-0 defeat to Ivorian giants ASEC Mimosas in the first round of the 2018 CAF Confederation Cup group stage.
They need a win on Thursday over the Scientific Soccer Lads to hand them some confidence and morale ahead of their second group stage game against Raja Casablanca next Wednesday.
At home the last time, Yahaya Mohammed and Derrick Sasraku were out with injuries. They are back to full fitness and will feature on Thursday for the champions.
Latest recruit Hainikoye Soumana Boubacar will have to wait for some weeks before he could make his debut as his registration has not been concluded.
Hafiz Adams is expected back in the lineup for Thursday's fixture. He didn't travel with the team to Ivory Coast last weekend.
Liberty Professionals got themselves a huge relief last Sunday when they beat Karela United FC 1-0 to uplift their position on the league table from the relegation zone to the 13th.
Last Sunday's victory ended the Scientific Soccer Lads' five games winless streak. They had draw two and lost three of the previous five fixtures.
The capital club will be hoping to pick at least a point from the Nana Agyemang Badu park on Thursday but that will require extra efforts from them.
In about eight visits to Dormaa Ahenkro in the premiership, Liberty Professionals' best result has always been a draw.
They have drawn four and lost four in the process.
Reginald Asante Boateng won't have Jude Ekow Arthur available for this encounter since the youngster is part of the Ghana U20 18 man squad traveling to Algerian for African Youth Championship qualifier.
Experienced midfielder Richard Yamoah remains out with an injury.
Kofi Baah is expected to retain his place as the number one of Thursday against the reigning champions.
Head To Head
Total league meetings = 16
Aduana Stars wins = 6
Drawn matches = 6
Liberty Professionals wins = 4
• Aduana Stars have recorded just two victories in their last seven matches in the premier league. (W2 D2 L3)
• Liberty Professionals have managed a single win from their last six fixtures in the premier league. (W1 D2 L3)
• Aduana Stars are undefeated in their last thirty two home games in the premiership. (W25 D7 L0)
• Liberty Professionals have won only two of their last ten away matches in the premier league. (W2 D1 L7)
• Aduana Stars are unbeaten in their last five meetings in the premier league with Liberty Professionals. (W3 D2 L0)
• Liberty Professionals are winless in their eight visits to Aduana Stars in the premier league. (W0 D4 L4)
• Aduana Stars have conceded only four goals in their last eighteen home fixtures in the premier league.
• Liberty Professionals have managed to keep two clean sheets out of their last ten away games in the premiership.
By Nuhu Adams