Ashanti Gold SC have not given up their hopes of landing the ultimate at the end of the season after going two games without a win and they host Inter Allies FC on Saturday at the Len Clay stadium.
They came from a goal down to draw 1-1 with WAFA SC at the Sogakope park last Wednesday.
Given that the Elephants are levelled on points with Karela United FC and Dreams FC.
One point ahead of Medeama SC and two points ahead of Inter Allies FC, any slip on the weekend will see one of these clubs leapfrog them to the top spot.
The Gold and Blacks hope to capitalize on their 100% home record this season to get back to winning ways to remain at the top of the log.
They have won all of the three home games this campaign without allowing a single goal in their net.
Amos Addai is back into squad to face the Eleven Is To One side after recovering from an illness which ruled him out of midweek's fixture.
Central defender Mubarik Yusif remain on the sidelines with an injury.
Inter Allies FC are making the trip to Obuasi to take on the league leaders with the intentions of ending their abysmal run on the road in the premiership.
It is going to be very difficult if the Eleven Is To One side are to cut short their poor away record because the Len Clay stadium is a venue they have never won against Ashanti Gold SC.
Aside that, they are also yet to score an away goal in the premiership this season after four matches.
The Capelli Boys have no win in their last twenty matches in the elite division in which they are the visitors.
This is the second time Japanese-American tactician Kenichi Yatsuhashi is visiting Obuasi. His first visit was a 2-1 victory for him.
He and his boys are coming into this game with some confidence after using ten men to see off newly promoted Eleven Wonders FC last Wednesday.
Nigerian import Samuel Ekele David was sent off in the 20th minute in midweek's fixture. He is suspended for this Saturday's match.
Head To Head
Total league meetings = 8
Ashanti Gold SC wins = 3
Drawn matches = 3
Inter Allies FC wins = 2
- Ashanti Gold SC have suffered only one defeat in their last eight fixtures in the premier league.
(W5 D2 L1)
- Inter Allies FC have managed just three victories in their last seven matches in the premier league.
(W3 D0 L4)
- Ashanti Gold SC have dropped no point in their last seven home fixtures in the premier league.
(W7 D0 L0)
- Inter Allies FC have no victory in any of their last twenty away matches in the premier league.
(W0 D9 L11)
- Ashanti Gold SC are unbeaten in their four home meetings in the premier league with Inter Allies FC.
(W3 D1 L0)
- Inter Allies FC have recorded only one win out of their last five clashes with Ashanti Gold SC in the premiership.
(W1 D2 L2)
- Ashanti Gold SC have not conceded in any of their three home fixtures in the premier league this term.
- Inter Allies FC have kept only one clean sheet in their last eleven away games in the premier league.
By Nuhu Adams