Rising Preference for Dialysis Treatment at Home to Drive Market
The Global Peritoneal Dialysis Market is witnessing growth due to several reasons. One of the major factors propelling demand for the market is the increasing geriatric population and their vulnerability towards chronic disorders such as hypertension, diabetes, and kidney disorders. Besides recent advancements in technology, patients are likely to opt for peritoneal dialysis due to the rise in their disposable income and increasing willingness to spend on advanced treatments. The above factors all help the peritoneal dialysis market exhibit a steady growth in the future.
The automated peritoneal dialysis (APD) segment emerged as the most attractive therapy type in the past. It is one of the preferred types of renal replacement treatment among people suffering from end-stage renal diseases. In 2015, National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) published an article, which stated that about 60% of the patients in the U.S., diagnosed with peritoneal dialysis prefer APD rather than other treatment methods, while the number of people opting for APD in Europe is 50%. This is because of the recent advancements in the technology, increasing popularity of the cycler, and new product developments that APD is further expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period.
- Other Accessories
By End User
- Home health care
- Hospitals and Others
Other factors driving the global peritoneal dialysis market are the increasing prevalence of end stage renal disease (ESRD), and the increasing demand for dialysis treatment at home setup. Moreover, peritoneal dialysis offers advantages such as needle free treatment, portability, few dietary restrictions, and lower treatment cost as compared to hemodialysis, that are further increasing its potentiality for better results in the future. Thus, the market for peritoneal dialysis is likely to witness progressive growth rates owing to factors mentioned above in the near future.
Get PDF Brochure of this Report@ https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/request-sample-pdf/peritoneal-dialysis-market-100089
Key questions answered in the Peritoneal Dialysis Market report:
- What will the market growth rate of Peritoneal Dialysis market in 2025?
- What are the key factors driving the Global Peritoneal Dialysis market?
- What are sales, revenue, and price analysis of top manufacturers of Peritoneal Dialysis market?
- Who are the distributors, traders and dealers of Peritoneal Dialysis market?
- Who are the key vendors in Peritoneal Dialysis market space?
- What are the Peritoneal Dialysis market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the Asia Peritoneal Dialysis market?
- What are sales, revenue, and price analysis by types, application and regions of Peritoneal Dialysis market?
- What are the market opportunities, market risk and market overview of the Peritoneal Dialysis market?
TABLE OF CONTENT:
1.1. Research Scope
1.2. Market Segmentation
1.3. Research Methodology
1.4. Definitions and Assumptions
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Dynamics
3.1. Market Drivers
3.2. Market Restraints
3.3. Market Opportunities & Trends
4. Key Insights
4.1. Global Prevalence of CKD (2016)
4.2. Global Prevalence of treated End-stage Renal Disease (2016)
4.3. Estimated Number of Patients on HD vs PD (2017)
4.4. Overview of Major Dialysis Services Providers
4.5. Number of Nephrologists (2016)
4.6. Number of Nephrologists by Continent (2016)
11. Competitive Analysis
11.1. Key Industry Developments
11.2. Global Market Share Analysis (2017)
11.3. Company Profiles (Overview, Product offerings, SWOT analysis, Recent developments,Strategies, Financials (based on availability))
11.3.1 Baxter International Inc.
11.3.2 Fresenius Kabi AG
11.3.4 Utah Medical Products, Inc.
11.3.5 Glomeria Therapeutics
11.3.6 Poly Medicure Ltd.
11.3.7 Cook Medical Inc.
11.3.8 CardioMed Supplies Inc.
11.3.9 Medical Components, Inc.
Asia Pacific to Emerge Dominant on Account of Better Growth Opportunities from Developed Nations
The number of people affected by renal problems is increasing by the day, especially in under developed or developing areas with limited access to healthcare facilities. The launch of awareness programs by governments of such nations are helping the market for peritoneal dialysis to gain more traction. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to rise at a faster rate due to the advent of new technology, and increasing number of healthcare and medical centers in the region. In 2017, Asia Pacific generated a revenue of US$ 1,194.1 Mn owing to the rising adoption of peritoneal dialysis in the developing nations of China and India. Government support and adequate reimbursement policies will help the market in the region to emerge dominant during the forecast period.
Secondary Research Is Conducted To Derive The Following Information
- Details such as revenues, market share, strategies, growth rate, product & their pricing by region/country for all major companies
- Details in relation to prevalence, incidence, patient numbers, distribution of patients, average price of treatment, etc.
- Number of end user facilities by region/country and average annual spending or procurement of devices by type of end user facility
- Number of procedures and average price of procedures
- Replacement rate and pricing of capital equipment
- Market dynamics in relation to the market under focus – Drivers, restraints, trends, and opportunities
- Market & technological trends, new product developments, product pipeline.
More Trending Topics From Fortune Business Insights@