Ghana's No. 1

PSG play down Neymar move

Published on: 22 July 2019

Paris St-Germain sporting director Leonardo says there has been 'no concrete offer' received for record signing Neymar.

The Brazilian's former club Barcelona are reportedly interested in bringing him back to the Nou Camp.

Speaking following PSG's 1-1 pre-season friendly draw against FC Nuremburg on Saturday, Leonardo suggested reports of a £90m plus players offer from the Spanish champions was well wide of the mark.

"There is nothing different, nothing at all. There are no concrete offers for Neymar. He has a contract with us and is our player," he confirmed.

"I repeat, there is no concrete offer. It's been the same situation for ten days."

Media reports had suggested Barcelona had offered PSG £90m plus two players for Neymar. The list on offer was said to include Philippe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembele, Ivan Rakitic, Nelson Semedo, Malcom and Samuel Umtiti.

PSG head coach Thomas Tuchel confirmed last week that Neymar had told the Ligue 1 club of his desire to leave but the matter remains between the forward and the club, says the manager.

"It's a matter between the club and Neymar," said Tuchel.

"He's training with the team for the first time tomorrow, so far he's only trained individually, and he's going to China."

Paris St-Germain are 10/1 to win next season's Champions League, while Barcelona are 11/2, with Liverpool 7/1 to retain their crown.

View all Soccer betting

Paris St-Germain sporting director Leonardo says there has been 'no concrete offer' received for record signing Neymar.

The Brazilian's former club Barcelona are reportedly interested in bringing him back to the Nou Camp.

Speaking following PSG's 1-1 pre-season friendly draw against FC Nuremburg on Saturday, Leonardo suggested reports of a £90m plus players offer from the Spanish champions was well wide of the mark.

"There is nothing different, nothing at all. There are no concrete offers for Neymar. He has a contract with us and is our player," he confirmed.

"I repeat, there is no concrete offer. It's been the same situation for ten days."

Media reports had suggested Barcelona had offered PSG £90m plus two players for Neymar. The list on offer was said to include Philippe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembele, Ivan Rakitic, Nelson Semedo, Malcom and Samuel Umtiti.

PSG head coach Thomas Tuchel confirmed last week that Neymar had told the Ligue 1 club of his desire to leave but the matter remains between the forward and the club, says the manager.

"It's a matter between the club and Neymar," said Tuchel.

"He's training with the team for the first time tomorrow, so far he's only trained individually, and he's going to China."

Paris St-Germain are 10/1 to win next season's Champions League, while Barcelona are 11/2, with Liverpool 7/1 to retain their crown.

View all Soccer betting

Source: bet365.com

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Learn more