Twelve new broadcasters and prolonged agreements secured by Infront guarantee broad exposure of top Italian league
The 2022/23 Serie A season will be broadcast in over 200 countries through 73 broadcasters after Infront, the league’s exclusive global media rights partner (except for USA and MENA, where Lega Serie A sells directly), looks to propel the Italian championship into the limelight further.
The league, which has revised it calendar to accommodate the FIFA World Cup in Qatar in November and December, could reach a potential audience of over one billion through new and prolonged broadcast agreements across all territories except USA and MENA.
Fans outside of Italy will also be able to enjoy the action in 4K for the first time in the history of Serie A. Selected territories will also have the option to broadcast one game each match day in Ultra HD.
The first season of the three-year partnership provided Serie A almost 137,000 hours of coverage through live and deferred matches, highlights, magazine programmes and replays.
Amikam Kranz, Vice President Media Sales and Operations at Infront said: “This year we have worked with our international rights brokerage team to close the small gap that was still missing in some countries. Although last year we had already achieved broad coverage globally through three-year agreements, we wanted to guarantee fans of the Italian league abroad further opportunities to access Serie A content. This year we have 12 new broadcasters that will further influence the competition’s exposure. Furthermore, almost all agreements guarantee the broadcast of at least five matches for each day of the championship, in addition to promos, the weekend presentation magazine and highlights of the whole day.”
Luigi De Siervo, Lega Serie A CEO, said: "With just a few days to go before the start of Serie A TIM, the Italian league is confirmed as one of the most watched and exciting in the world, with over a billion viewers passionately following our clubs every day. Thanks to the partnership with Infront, which has been going on for many years now, this season will see Italian football broadcast in 200 countries through 73 different broadcasters, in addition to the territories of the MENA region and the United States where Lega Serie A has direct sales. These numbers are also the result of the many innovations we are bringing year after year, enriching the Serie A product thanks to a Lega that has now become a true media company. The exclusive NFT content, a new player to broadcast highlights on our website, the landing on the metaverse, are just some of the latest innovations we have launched, allowing all fans to experience Italian football like never before".
Broadcaster of the TIM Serie A for the 2022/2023 season. In some countries the broadcast of matches is complemented by extracts, clips and highlights broadcast by linear and digital platforms:
- ARENA SPORTS: Former Yugoslavia (Bosnia Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia)
- BEIN SPORTS: France, Andorra, Monaco, DOM-TOM
- BLUE SPORT and SKY: Switzerland, Liechtenstein
- BT SPORT and ONE FOOTBALL: United Kingdom, Ireland
- CBC SPORT: Azerbaijan
- C MORE SPORT: Finland, Sweden
- COSMOTE: Greece
- CYTAVISION: Cyprus
- DAZN: Germany, Austria
- DIGI SPORT, PRIMIA SPORT, ORANGE SPORT: Romania
- ELEVEN SPORTS: Belgium, Luxembourg, Poland
- MATCH TV: Russia
- MAX SPORT and RING: Bulgaria
- MEGOGO: Ukraine
- MOVISTAR+: Spain, Andorra
- NOVA SPORT and PREMIER SPORT: Czech Republic, Slovakia
- NTRK: Uzbekistan
- ONE and CHARLTON: Israel
- OVERSPORT: Albania, Kosovo
- S SPORTS: Turkey
- SETANTA SPORTS: CIS (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan) and Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania)
- SPORT TV: Portugal
- SPORT 1, SPORT 2: Hungary
- STOÐ 2 SPORT: Iceland
- TELENET: Belgium
- TOTAL SPORTS NETWORK: Malta
- TV2: Denmark
- ZIGGO SPORT: The Netherlands
- CBS: USA and US territories (COUNTRIES WHERE LEGA SERIE A SELLS DIRECTLY)
- ESPN: South America (Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands, Falkland Islands, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela); Central America (Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Dominican Republic); Caribbean (Aruba, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Bajo Nuevo Bank, Barbados, Bonaire, Cayman, Curaçao, Dominica, Jamaica, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, French Guiana, Navassa Island, Clipperton Islands, Martinique, Montserrat, Saba, Saint Barthélemy, Sint Eustatius, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Lucia, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos)
- FUBO TV, TLN: Canada
ASIA and OCEANIA
- BEIN SPORTS: Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia (Brunei, Cambodia, Philippines, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, East Timor)
- CCTV, IQIYI and MIGU: China
- DAZN: Japan
- ELTA: Taiwan
- GAZI TV, NAGORIK TV, RABBIT HOLE: Bangladesh
- HTV and VTVCAB: Vietnam
- ICE SPORTS: Maldives
- MACAU CABLE TV: Macau
- SPORTS 18: Indian Subcontinent (India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka)
- SPOTV: Korea
- SPS PRIME: Mongolia
- SUPERSPORT: Sub-Saharan Africa (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Ivory Coast, Eritrea, eSwatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Niger, Reunion, Rwanda, St Helena and Ascension, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Zambia)
- CANAL+ AFRIQUE: Francophone countries of Sub-Saharan Africa (Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Congo, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Mali, Niger, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo)
One match per day will also be broadcast free-to-air by national broadcasters in certain countries, such as Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria and Seychelles.
MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA (COUNTRIES WHERE LEGA SERIE A SELLS DIRECTLY)
- ABU DHABI MEDIA and STARZPLAY: Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Chad, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Djibouti, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.