Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has reportedly made a decision on Jesse Lingard's future.
Lingard has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford in the January transfer window, having not started a Premier League game for more than a year.
The 28-year-old did get the nod for United's FA Cup win over Watford at the weekend, but it is thought his opportunities will still be limited going forward.
Lingard's representatives have held discussions with Nice over a potential loan move, according to Sky Sports.
The Ligue 1 side are the latest club to be linked with the attacking midfielder, with Aston Villa and Sheffield United also having been touted as potential destinations.
But Solskjaer wants Lingard to stay with the Red Devils this month, according to a report from The Telegraph.
The report claims United are not looking to ship out the England international this month, and that the manager believes he could still have 'a useful squad role'.
Solskjaer's side are top of the Premier League ahead of Sunday's huge showdown against Liverpool at Anfield, and the United boss will need plenty of options as he also targets silverware in the FA Cup and Europa League.
Last month, the manager said Lingard had been "unfortunate" to miss out on game time due to coronavirus restrictions.
"He’s been working hard in training," said Solskjaer.
"He’s been unfortunate with having to isolate a few times, been in contact, or close contact with Covid, not even having it himself.
“He’s been very unlucky being away from the training ground a few times. He works really hard."
Lingard showed plenty of promise as a young player and starred in England's run to the 2018 World Cup semi-finals, but has fallen out of favour at United since then.