Ghana forward Jordan Ayew has been shortlisted for the English Premier League Goal of the Season for his superb solo strike for Crystal Palace against West Ham United on Boxing Day.
Collecting the ball in front of a crowd of bodies, Ayew mesmerised the visiting defence, danced his way majestically towards Roberto and dinked the oncoming ‘keeper with adept confidence.
Up until that point, both teams were pegged at 1-1 before the Ghana international conjured a bit of magic in the 90th minute to snatch the three points for the Eagles.
The full Goal of the Season contenders are as follows:
- Heung-Min-Son – Tottenham vs. Burnley (7th December 2019)
- Jordan Ayew – Crystal Palace vs. West Ham United (26th December 2019)
- N’Golo Kanté – Chelsea vs. Liverpool (22nd September 2019)
- Sébastian Haller – West Ham United vs. Bournemouth (1st January 2020)
- Sophie Ingle – Arsenal Women FC vs. Chelsea FC Women (19th January 2020)
Watch the goal below;
The winner will be announced during a ceremony on March 5th at the Roundhouse in Camden.