Follow the live streaming of the draw as the Black Stars of Ghana discover their 2022 World Cup qualifying opponents at the event currently being held in Cairo.
The draw plots a course for the 14 first-round winners along with the 26 highest ranked African nations in the FIFA/Coca-Cola ranking (as of December 2019).
The 40 teams will be drawn into ten groups of four.
The Black Stars have been seeded in Pot One which means they will avoid the highest ranked teams in Africa like AFCON champions Algeria, Senegal, Tunisia, Nigeria and Morocco who are also in the same pot.
Also in pot 1 Egypt, Cameroon, Mali, DR Congo make up the other top-seeded teams for the draws.
Pot 2 of the draw has Burkina Faso, Guinea, Uganda, Cape Verde, Gabon, Zambia and Congo.
In Pot 3 are Madagascar, Mauritania, Libya, Mozambique, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Niger, Central African Republic, Namibia and Guinea-Bissau.
Malawi, Togo, Sudan, Rwanda, Tanzania, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Liberia and Djibouti make up the other teams in pot four.
Follow event with live video streaming below
- The 14 first-round winners join the top 26 African teams (based on the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking of December 2019) in the second round.
- These 40 teams will be divided into 10 groups of four.
- In each group, the teams will play each other home and away in a mini-league format.
- The ten group winners will progress to the third and final round, which will feature five two-legged play-off ties.
- The five winners of these play-offs qualify for Qatar 2022.